Members can participate in numerous KSEA activities or events some of which are listed as follows:
- Annual meeting & technical conference
- National Mathematics Competition (for students in the 4th-11th grades)
- Young Generation programs
- Publication of KSEA Letters
- Web and email service
- Job referrals
- Technical evaluation and consulting
- Topical symposia/workshops
- Database development
- Sponsorship of conferences organized by Korean-American professional societies
- KSEA Awards
- Science & technology programs for general public
Additional Member Benefits
- Leadership development through committee activities and conference organization: KSEA has 13 Technical Groups and 14 Standing Committees for your participation. You are welcome to organize technical sessions at the annual U.S.-Korea Conference on Science, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (UKC) or you may organize a conference of your own.
- Networking with other Korean-American scientists and engineers: Join the Technical Groups and Committees, or come to the annual conference, UKC. The KSEA is unique in that its members come from all fields of science and engineering. The UKC offers an excellent opportunity to learn about other fields than your own.
- Office use at KSEA Office while in DC: If you need a temporary office while in DC, please come to the KSEA Headquarters office. No charge for the use of a computer and local calls. Nominal charges for other office support or supplies.
- Participation in technical evaluation and consulting: We will contact you when we need experts for these services.
- Opportunities for community service: You may participate in community service activities of your chapter. Or you may help with National Math Competition.
- Information on professional opportunities in both U.S. and Korea: Look for job openings on the KSEA web.
- Awards program: KSEA honors members of distinguished records by presenting them with KSEA Awards.
- Membership dues supporting your chapter: Most of your dues go back to your own chapter.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS
Please update your address if changed and pay your membership dues if overdue. Your membership dues support your chapter. Call KSEA(or email to email@example.com) for spelling of your name and your ID if in doubt.
Fiscal Year: July 1 - June 30
Regular Members: $35
Graduate Students: $15
Undergraduate Students: No Membership Fee
International/Korea Residents: $35
Dear KSEA Members,
KSEA would like to provide each member with the latest, specific, and relevant information about consulting requests, project participation, funding deadlines, and job openings, etc. For instance, KSEA received a request from a major Korean electronics firm asking for advice from KSEA members specializing in telecommunications and digital imagery areas. Another large firm requested assistance from KSEA in locating speakers for a variety of occasions. We would like to offer opportunities such as these and others on a regular basis to the members.
However, we have run into a large number of returned mail and invalid e-mail addresses, preventing us from getting in contact with many members. We also list some members as students, who may have already received their advanced degrees. Moreover, we do not have updated information about your expertise.
KSEA wishes to reach all its members and provide effective and valuable service. In order to serve you better, we need your support:
1) Please remit your dues.
2) Please update your contact information.
Upon receiving your correct address and dues, KSEA will send each of you an easy-to-fill-out form to gather more data on your specialties and expertise. Please allow five minutes to pay the membership due and update your contact information!
Thank you very much.
KSEA Membership Director